Tuesday, September 9, 2008

If I could go back in time to meet anyone...




...It would definitely be my Grandpa Bud. He was my mom's dad and from what I've heard, a really great guy. I've heard stories of how he was a real jokester - pulling pranks and cracking jokes at all of the family dinners and get togethers. Unfortunately I never got to know the man that lit up the room and kept people laughing all night long because of a terrible tragedy. He was killed in a car accident when I was just a few months old. I was my mother's first child and thinking about how hard that must have been for her at that time and how she pulled through makes me so sad and also makes me feel so much respect for the strongest woman I know. I'm not sure what it's like to have a Grandpa but I know that I would have loved every moment if I had.

1 comment:

Mitch Asham said...

Well, I suppose I can see why you're afraid of car accidents then. I'm really sorry to hear about your grandpa, I've yet to lose any of my grandparents so I can't imagine what it's like. I actually remember the whole accident, I was conscious and coherent the whole time. Though it seemed to happen so fast I only thought the car rolled once, witnesses told me I probably tumbled about 3 times before coming to rest. You're one of the first people that have ever told me I have "the eye" so thank you! I really do appreciate it.

If you're camera starts giving you trouble again I can try and help you out, seems like it's all the same menus and options as mine. If you're looking for info on lens'/flashes you should get out the 'Photography on the Net' link on my page, it's a Canon photography forum filled with much better shooters than I.

-Mitch