Sunday, April 12, 2009

The Mighty Red






After sandbagging a couple houses along the Red River last week, I decided to document the area and the rising waters. It was a lot of fun shooting because I got to talk to some of the people from the area and show them some of the shots I got. Parents brought their little ones and from time to time I'd hear their excited remarks about the drifting ice chunks - "Look at that one Dad!! ITS THE SIZE OF OUR CABIN!" Kids are hilarious. We also got visited by a beaver that kept popping its head out of the water looking for a way out of the ice that was blocking his way to the river. Don't worry though, he found his way out :)

Here are a few more from the day:







1 comment:

Ebonie Klassen said...

Great job! I love the icicles in the water shot!