Thursday, February 12, 2009

Random Picture Update!!

In effort to keep my blog alive, here are a few highlights from the past few months in school! I promise I'll get into blog writing... it WILL happen, I can feel it.


Graeme. This picture was kind of accidental, it emerged out of a bunch of unusable shots from my first attempts at my contact sheet portrait. I'm really happy it turned out so well. This is the gaze that melts me... :)


My favorite shot from the Xmas break! Took this beaut with my 50mm 1.8 lens, very little post exposure manipulation... I think I might have only made it a touch darker. I love it because it feels so delicate, just like the tiny flowers were in person.


My Coffee Shot (board assignment) For this board assignment, we were asked to "sell" coffee to the viewer. I had a bunch of different ideas but I finally settled on this one... a cozy coffee scene by the fire. I like it, but to be honest there never was that "YES!! that's the shot baby!!!" excitement I always anticipate in my shooting. I'd love to try more product-like shots and get better!


Graeme's brother Jesse, Hide Your Daughters @ the Royal Albert. I like this shot because it's different than most band shots you'd normally see. The expression is great - looks like he just remembered he left the oven on between chords. I took a lot of the saturation out of the image to emphasize that feeling.


and finally.. this is my sister Elena expressing her love for mushrooms.

No comments: